Powered By Blogger

Vintage Bows and Pleats

Outfit post! Just showing the vintage threads... The skirt is from the 70s and teal blue with cute bows and other festive bits on it. I got this from Iron Orchid Vintage on Etsy.  The blouse is probably 70s too. It's really satin-esque so it comes out and spills over the skirt a bit as you can see.  The shoes aren't vintage though, got those babies from Ross. In Las Vegas. Last summer. So I don't know if I'll ever find the exact same pair but I wish I had purchased 3 pairs...so comfy, so perfect in heel height.  These are so scuffed up though, what's the best way to get rid of marks and scuffs on (faux) patent shoes? Do I have to take them to a shoe repair/shine place?

The skirt's a bit wrinkly, I'd been sitting all day, excuse the crumpled-ness.  My face? It was cut off so I figured I'd just crop it out and focus on the clothes. :)
 
It's warming up so that means more skirts and more sandals! Soon, I'll probably be retiring these shoes for a while.

~ The Retro Natural

7 comments:

Funbi said...

Love it!!


www.datfunkyfro.blogspot.com

freedomreader1224 said...

i have those same shoes!!

The Retro Natural said...

Thanks Funbi!

@ Freecomereader, niiice! where'd you get yours? I really want another pair! :)

Kasey said...

You can use windex for the scuffs

The Retro Natural said...

Thanks Kasey! I'm gonna give it a go! :)

LoveNWright said...

I am slowly but surely trying to tweak my style to be more retro! I love a full skirt and a frilly top! I'm late, but I'm so glad you started a blog for the Retro Naturals of the world!

Kay @LoveNWright
lovenwright.blogspot.com

The Retro Natural said...

@ LovenWright, Yay for tweaking your style to something more you! I've had so much fun with my style after beginning to tweak it and move towards retro and vintage inspired. I'm sure you'll love it too as you get more and more lovely things that really have a unique, pretty style and a history behind them. I saw your 5 min GTS and it's totally retro looking, you were probably on your way there before ya knew it :) I hope you continue to enjoy the blog! Please do post a photo of the full skirt and blouse, I'm sure it's absolutely gorgeous!