Powered By Blogger

A Farewell to Grandma

Hello all! I know you've probably been wondering where I've been.  My apologies on missing in action, I haven't felt like posting or being online commenting like I normally do for the past week since my grandmother passed on.  I don't know what happens for sure after but I'm certain that she's resting.  She went peacefully and didn't suffer and that's what tends to make me smile here and there as I'm thinking about her in my head and reminiscing about all the funny things she used to say - she was a natural comedienne!  I was spending some time with the family, mostly my mom and older sister, looking at old photos and I thought the best and most lovely way to have some closure over this is to share something sweet and at the same time retro with you all because this blog is about me and indirectly this is a part of me.

So I give you a pretty photograph of my grandma from her youth days in what I like to call her retro copacabana look.   -- Who knew grandma woulda made a great pin up? :)



I dunno if they have interwebs where you are now, but just in case they do grandma, may you continue to rest in absolute peace! :)

~ Love

Your Retro Natural Granddaughter

12 comments:

Funbi said...

I am so sorry for your loose! Glad to know she went in peace. I pray God rests her soul in perfect peace! Love the picture of her!


http://datfunkyfro.blogspot.com

Jane Odartey said...

My Nana raised me. I will be really upset when her time comes. I hope you know she's never truly gone, as long as she lives in your heart always. She was very, very beautiful.

Noni Bee said...

My condolences are with you. May her memory always be a blessing to you.

Alicia P. said...

This made me start balling like a baby. Thanks a lot Autumn. One on my favorite Grandma Quotes is "God don't wheelchairs" lol
R.I.P Grandma

The Retro Natural said...

Thank you for all the kind words everyone! I'm happy I got to know such a funny woman :)

@ Leelee, my apologies on startin' the waterworks, you probably needed that :) I remember that quote, I think I wrote it down in my quote book! LOL!

Erika said...

Oh Ma'am, my condolences to you... Grandmothers are so precious. I am constantly reminded of mine. Though she is no longer physically present, I look at all her descendants and understand immortality.

Tash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tashelle said...

Sorry for your lost. She was a beauty! I lost one of my grandmothers to cancer in 2001 and miss her so much. My other grandmother has Alheimers now. We have to cherish them when we have them.

Chrystal Prather said...

I am very sorry for your loss. This pic is everything and beauty and style. May she rest in peace and I'll keep you and your family in good thoughts.

Anonymous said...

So sad! but she will be with you forever!
Farewell letters

The Retro Natural said...

@ Tashell, Stayls and Chandra, Thank you for the kind words! I truly appreciate them! :)

SWAT MAC said...

Just found your blog, sorry for your loss. Lost my mother this past June, she was a wonderful grandmother to my children. Grandmothers are a blessing and your great memories will sustain you.