Powered By Blogger

Retro Style: The Flapper Gal

The hair, the makeup (yes, yes the photos are black and white but you get the idea!) the style, the moxy. Ahhhh, I love flapper girls of the 1920s! Some were bad girls who partied too much and stayed out smoking and drinking way too late but we've all had some fun nights like those and besides, carpe diem, no? I get a kick (pun absolutely intended) out of the shenanigans of women in the 20s because it was a tough time for us and I really take delight in seeing women do what they want and for me, working your damn job, rebelliously cutting your hair and rolling down your stockings makes for a very rad lady! I kinda wanna dress up as one for Halloween but I'm torn on that and Josephine Baker. Hard decisions, I tell you!

Anywho, enjoy!











My much coveted modern flapper look!




All images from Google Images
 
~The Retro Natural

3 comments:

Angie said...

I love the 1920s look! With the emphasis on large cloches and headbands, it doesn't matter what length your hair is!

The Retro Natural said...

@ Angie, I'm so with you, I love the cloches the most..so simple yet so effective :) and it doesn't matter at all what length you're working with, genius!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, I've recently been looking for information approximately this subject for a long time and yours is the best I've found out so far. But, what about the conclusion? Are you certain about the supply?
Pro Down Round Blocking Dummy