Powered By Blogger

DIY Retro Sweater with Appliqué

If you see a vintage sweater with appliqué decor, sometimes you'll notice that it's a bit high in price. If you're like me and can't really be bothered with spending too much on sweaters and cardigans with adorable designs, fret not my retro gal pal, you can create your own! The teal blue cardigan is Roxy by way of Buffalo Exchange and it was under $12 bucks. The flamingo patch was $2.69 with free shipping!

All you need is an iron and an iron on patch from Ebay. Check out this list of iron on appliqués.

 Borrowed my beloved's nerd glasses, they're fun but I don't know if I have the guts to wear them out.
I feel like Poindexter!

Have at it! It's fun and it takes about 5 minutes to do. If you revamp a cardigan of your own, send me a photo, I'd love to see it. :)

~The Retro Natural

3 comments:

Funbi said...

I am love loving this!! I am certainly inspired to try! I do love the glasses too! I didnt think I'd be able to wear them out at first but I love them and i gotta tell you, people did stare at first, but not anymore, or maynbe I just don't notice anymore... ;)

thanks for sharing sis!


www.datfunkyfro.blogspot.com

Ordered Steps Productions said...

I just came across your blog & I love it! I'd love to feature you on my blog; let me know if you;re interested & I can e-mail you! Thefrizzness.blogspot.com. Blessings!

The Retro Natural said...

@ Funbi, thanks! I may muster up the guts to steal em for a day and wear em out, but I need my prescription ones so I'd probably have to switch!

@ Ordered Steps Productions, Thank you for the kind words! I'd be honored to be featured, I'll send ya a message with contact info!