Powered By Blogger

Link Love: Vintage Advertisements with Afros & Black History Month

I've been a little busy lately and pooooped when I arrive home so I'm taking this time to work on some posts. One thing I've been excited about it the fact that it's Black History Month and via the various blogs I follow, I'm bound to see oodles of articles on Black Americans who educated themselves, fought for opportunity and busted down a few walls too. History reminds me of what once was and what could potentially be should we choose to forget. There's a lot going on in the world today and people are noticing the the power that they lack. From the Occupy movements to the fight for marriage equality, people are angry and they're demanding change as well as respect and equal rights. So, I'm happily celebrating victory from the historical past and hopefully for the near future.


In the mean time, Afro Glitz rocks my socks for showcasing these wonderful ads from the 60s and 70s featuring the afro . Can I get a "I'm Black and I'm proud!"? *high five* Happy Black History Month everyone. :)



~The Retro Natural

1 comments - Add Yours

Elegant Granny said...

Love the post. And thanks for sharing the Afro Glitz site.