Powered By Blogger

Just a Quick Hello!

Hey folks! I hope all is well, I've been a lil busy and wanting to post  (I actually have fun stuff to post) but as you can see, it's taking a bit of time. I hope to post some fun stuffs (yes, I meant to make that plural :P) very sooooon!

Here's a decent hair day photo for the time being...it's frizzed out a bit because I'm out of my Giovanni and my coconut oil..no good for a good hair set at all! And my lipstick doesn't seem to photograph very well either..does anyone else's look odd in photos versus real life??


~The Retro Natural

8 comments:

Funbi said...

Waiting semi patiently for the coming posts! You look gorgeous as usual and yes, sometimes, cameras just cannot capture reality as it is.

DatFunkyFro

Sue said...

You look great, Autumn:)

Nefertiti said...

Girl, whatchu talmbout? You look great! Looking forward to the upcoming posts.

Also, I was wondering if you could talk a bit about how (if at all) setting your hair and having daily manipulation has affected your length retention? I'm just curious to know if length/growth is a goal for you, or just maintenance. And, if so, have you found styling your hair this way to be just as effective as typical styles like twists, braids and buns? Thanks!

The Retro Natural said...

@ Funbi and Sue, thanks chicas! :)

@ Nefertiti, thanks! you know how things sometimes look off in photos, part of the game I guess! My hair retains more length when I wear it pinned up regardless I think of setting versus twists or braids. When I wear it out, it breaks off more often I think. I don't mind if it grows longer but it's not goal of mine. I'm happy with it as it! :)

MoiVal88 said...

Do you blow dry yor hair every week?

The Retro Natural said...

@ Valerie, I sit under a dryer with rollers after my weekly wash but after that I just sleep in flexi foam rollers :)

Anonymous said...

Just discovered your blog via Natural Haven and I love it!

Count me as a new reader :D

The Retro Natural said...

Hey Harlem! in the words of my mom, "Bronx in the house!" hehe..NY humor :) I hope you enjoy the blog, thank you for subscribing!