Powered By Blogger

Insanity

Insanity. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. I haven't blogged since October (falling off the wagon is so shameful at times lol) and I have to wonder.. am I still truly interested in blogging? Do I just need another platform? I've downsized the number of social media outlets I log into. I'm on Tumblr and have been for some time now but I've rekindled our relationship. It's nice for me because it brings together all the stuff aside from hair and fashion that I think about. There's a lot going on in the world right now regarding people of color. Sometimes that needs to be addressed. But this isn't quite the place to do so, at least that's how I feel. So I fall off over and over again because other stuff is going on. I  wonder too if my absence has driven viewers away at times. So I thought I'd check in and find out if people are still around as I ponder about my next steps... are ya followers?

Anywho, though my style fluctuates between more modern and a bit of retro flair, I think my hair has been more modern. I've been opting for less manipulation and my styles change up a lot. Does one keep a retro hair blog if no retro hair is to be seen?  Who knows what will come of it all. What I do know is that at the very least, I'll leave my blog up for inspiration.

I'm going to go ponder some more.

Enjoy your Sunday, retro lovers.

~RetroNatural

5 comments:

Ceecee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ceecee said...

Hi Retro Natural,
I believe you should blog when the urge hits you. The feelings of excitement or interest can always be felt through words. Fall off or not, if the retro,natural hair,modern style truly interests you, you will always find your way back. Take the necessary breaks,live your life,and come back to us refreshed. It's appreciated.

Some of us follow blogs and don't subscribe or comment ever but that doesn't mean you don't have an audience. I usually never comment on any blogs so...

Please do continue to share what you're doing with your hair because there will always be transitioners,newbies, or people who just plain love your style and personality.Like Me!

I do agree that blogs who's focus is one subject shouldn't mix with politics ect but you can always start another blog. ;) Just my opinion.

Hugs
Ceecee

Unknown said...

I started out following you on Youtube and was glad to see the unique topic of your blog. I have my own blog and channel and am toying with the idea of opening up to include more from my life than just hair. I think as long as you write about what interests you then you'll have the drive to do it. I appreciate all that you have shared and hope that if you do continue here that it will be because you want to :)

Desiree said...

Do what feels natural. I do know that I miss your more frequent updates.

The Retro Natural said...

Thank you Ceecee, mitchellzee and Desiree! Your words combined with an ah-ha! moment helped my figure out the best solution (I believe) for the time being at least. Next post is on just that. Thank you again!